Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Happy Birthday Mommy!

St. Pattricks Day every year marks the day of my birthday!

This year I was so grateful to have all my little family together and out of the hospital. Afton and Lance and doing great and we are all happy to be home and back together again. We are hoping not to visit Primary Children's Hospital for a long, long time!




We did a lot of great things in March. We took Covey family pictures, played in the tub A LOT (the children can't get enough) and celebrated my birthday with the Bennett's, the Covey's and our friends.







Michael even threw me a surprise birthday party on my birthday! I was SO SURPRISED and had NO IDEA that it was coming!



I'm not sure why I feel that on my birthday I need to have an extra-ordinary day, but I told myself that I was not going to cook or clean one thing on my birthday and that I was just going to have a fun day with the kids and go shopping to spend the birthday money I recieved. Well, that is not what happened. I ended up cleaning my entire house most of the day (because we had a showing) and then waited at the house for the Agent to come (which they never did). By the time I found out they were not coming I was pretty unhappy about the whole thing and called my mom to see if she could get together for about an hour before I had to be back at home with something for us to eat for dinner.

I met up with my mom and helped pick out some clothes for our upcoming family picture, picked up a $5 pizza for dinner (so at least I wouldn't have to cook)and was home in time for Michael to walk in the door. When he came in he was on the phone for a business call. He motioned to me that we had to get in the car right away. Since he was on the phone I couldn't really talk with him about why and told him that I would just stay with the kids and eat dinner at the house while he went and did whatever he needed to do. He told me to just get the kids in the car and that we would eat the pizza in the car because he needed to run back to his office to let someone in to re-key the building (it was broken into the day before) and he didn't want to leave me alone on the night of my birthday.

I really didn't want to do, and was dragging my feet to pack up all of us in the car just to run around for a bit, but Michael insisted and said we could grab some dessert while we were out to celebrate my birthday. So, we all got in the car and went back to Michael's office.

Michael finished up at his office and 10 or 15 minutes later we were headed to get some ice cream. In that time I decided that I would rather go to a dollar movie than get ice cream, so we started heading toward the Towne Cinema Theatre in American Fork. We then realized that the clock in the BMW was an hour off and we already had missed the show (my day was just full of dissappointments) so we went back to the original plan of getting ice cream.

Michael thought we should stop at the house and wipe the kids down from all the mess of eating pizza in the car before we went out for dessert, so we headed back home. As we got closer to the house Michael had me texting his friend a message while he drove (to keep me distracted) and we pulled up the driveway. We stepped in through the garage entrance to hear, "SURPRISE!!!"

Wow! I really was suprised! Michael played it so cool and had an explaination for everything that I never even once thought that he would suprise me with a party at our house!

He invited over a bunch of our closest friends and family members and we had cake and ice cream after everyone sang me "Happy Birthday". It was really great and truly made my day! Thank you Michael!!!!!

1 comment:

  1. How fun! Distracting people for surprise parties is the best part. I did that for Ben last summer--so much fun!

    ReplyDelete