It was the swelling under her chin that I was trying to capture in the picture... no, not her tummy! =)
2 weeks after Afton had her first surgery under her right jaw bone I discoverd another infected lymphnode... yes another. This time it was under her chin and was about the size of a marble when I first felt it. I was actually washing off her face with water from the sink when I felt it (good thing she got her cereal under there, or I may not have noticed it). Those little lymphnodes are hard to catch with our round-faced cute girlie.
So, I called Primary Childrens... (more to come)
Here is our little Afton right after her surgery at Primary Childrens. She really enjoyed looking at the painting of the snake that was up on the ceiling and was even siging "snake" and "ssssssss"-ing... poor girl was so exhusted but still in a great mood considering everything she has been through the past 4 weeks.
While we were in the Pre-surgery Waiting Room a Child Life Specialist came and and gave Afton this little doll. I drew a face and hair on her and Afton took it into surgery with her. She acually liked it. =)
A couple of days after the surger Afton was feeling back to her normal self. She is such a tough little girl. Lance, of course was happy to have his best friend back to play with (with the tube sticking out from under her chin and all) and decided to be "so funny" and put on all 10 pairs of underwear that he owns... he thought that he was pretty funny and even requested that I take a picture. Funny kids.
You can see the tube under her chin in this picture if you look closely.

oh no camille not again! I am glad she is o.k now.
ReplyDelete