Saturday, December 27, 2008

12.27.08 - Afton Esperance Bennett

Our little girl arrived today!



Afton Esperance Bennett
Born in the American Fork, UT Hospital - Delivered by Dr. Ryan Jones
Arrived at 1:28PM - Saturday, December 27, 2008
Weight: 7 lbs. 7 oz.
Length : 19 in.





Our little girl has 2 very special names.

AFTON - This is the name of her great grandmother Martha Afton Harris Felt. Grandma Felt went by Afton and was very loved by all those who knew her. She passed away earlier this year and we wanted to carry on her beautiful legacy.

ESPERANCE - Meaning Hope (French).





This pregnancy has been scary at times because of my complications. I was put on "bed-rest" at about 12 weeks and was told that the safety and heath of our baby and of myself were at risk.



It is interesting that when life seems to be going smoothly it is easy to forget the Lord but as soon as there is difficulty we realize that we need our Savior and want His help, guidance, love, and peace.



This definitely happen to me. Over the last 6 months my prayers have been more fervent and my testimony has grown. My faith and HOPE in the Lord have been the only things that have given me peace. I have had so much worry and heartache over the possibility of losing this baby. Some days it seemed to overcome me with sorrow and without the Lord to bring peace back into my heart it would have been extremely difficult to get though.



Michael has been such a wonderful support to me and has always been right beside me to hold me and love me, to calm my fears and remind me that regardless of what might happen the Lord is with us and that everything will be alright.











In General Conference this October I was really praying and hoping for guidance and peace to come to my heart through the talks of the speakers. I was in our living room watching and listening to a talk by Elder Uchtdorf that particularly struck me. As I listened I knew it was an answer to my prayers.

I couldn't control myself from weeping and offering many silent prayers of gratitude because this talk was confirmation that the Lord was watching out for me and understood exactly what I needed.



The Infinite Power of Hope: Hope in God, His goodness, and His power refreshes us with courage during difficult challenges.
- Elder Dieter F. Uchtdorf



Here are some of the quotes that meant the most to me and my thoughts while listening:



~ "Hope is a gift of the Spirit." (I can have hope in my situation.)

~ "Hope...is like the beam of sunlight rising up and above the horizon of our present circumstances." (Hope for my baby will help me to be happy and positive.)



~ "It is believing and expecting that our prayers will be answered." (This is exactly what I needed to hear... I need to have more hope and faith in the Lord.)

~ "Hope sustains us through despair. Hope teaches that there is reason to rejoice even when all seems dark around us." (Hope will get me through this scary time of uncertainty.)



~ "And to all who suffer—to all who feel discouraged, worried, or lonely—I say with love and deep concern for you, never give in." "Embrace and rely upon the Hope of Israel, for the love of the Son of God pierces all darkness, softens all sorrow, and gladdens every heart." (The Lord knows me. I will rely on Him and have hope).



HOPE is what we have had throughout this pregnancy and we wanted to name our sweet little girl something that would reflect the miracle and blessing of her safe arrival to our family. We feel so fortunate that the Lord has blessed us with our little Afton (Hope) Esperance.



The Lord hears and answers prayers. We know he has heard and answered ours.

5 comments:

  1. Congratulations!!! We are so happy that you're both doing well and can't wait to meet her! We'll call when we get back in town!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so happy for you guys! What a sweet picture of your family! I'd love to see more (snielsen84@hotmail.com). Glad you're all doing well. And believe me, 2 is not as hard as you think. It's so much fun. Good luck!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations on your new daughter! What a beautiful name! I would love to see pictures, but don't feel like you need to email me anytime soon. I know how time consuming and tiring it can be to have a little boy and baby girl :)--been there done that just 9 months ago!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats Camille! Glad to hear Afton arrived here safely!

    ReplyDelete
  5. We are so glad everything worked out so perfectly! We love you guys!

    ReplyDelete