Lance loves her “lots and lots” and is a great big brother. He loves to kiss her and hold her hand and take care of her.
Here are some of the funny and cute things that he does:
The other day he walked up to me while I was holding her and said to Afton while gently touching her head, “Hi there Sweetie!”
When Afton cries Lance will run to her side and say, “Don’t be sad baby sister! Lance is here.”
He loves to kiss her. He kisses her nose, her forehead, her hands, and he even tries to kiss her on the eyes (fortunately he hasn’t succeeded in kissing her eyeball yet!).
Lance and I like to sing to Afton. We sing, “Little baby Afton, Afton, Afton. Little baby Afton I love you.” (1.2.3.4.5.4.5.3.5.4. 1.2.3.4.5.4.5.2.1)
Lance likes to pick up Afton and lift her up over his head (with my help, of course) and he tells me that she is “hopping like a bunny.”
He also likes to give her horsie rides on his back and has her sit on his shoulders while he holds onto her feet (with Mommy’s assistance).
Whenever I give her a bottle (I have been pumping quite a bit because she is so sleepy!) Lance always wants to hold the bottle himself. He says, “Mommy, MY try! MY try!”
When Lance hears Afton crying when she wakes up from her nap he will say, “Mommy! Baby sister’s awake! She’s crying!... Lemme check.” Then he will race into her room, pull down the crib bumper, and say, “It’s hokay! Don’t be sad!”
When people ask what his new baby sister’s name is he says, “Afa-Bennett” which ends up sounding more like “alphabetic!” But when he says just her first name is sounds like “Aston”… we are still working on the pronunciation! Her middle name, Esperance, can not even be pronounced properly by her Papa (my Dad) so we don’t plan on Lance mastering it anytime soon. =)

Oh my goodness--breathtaking pictures! I love the little hands and feet--and that bracelet? precious! She is a gorgeous baby! And Lance's cute comments--don't you just love what two-year-olds say? So glad you got the pictures to work!
ReplyDeleteCamille, I love seeing those pictures! Congratulations I am so happy for you, and can't wait till I can meet beautiful Afton!
ReplyDeleteLove you all!
Oh my gosh, as if Afton isn't enough of a cutie...you have Lance to keep you laughing all day! What a sweetheart he is--it's so amazing that they learn to love at such a young age. I can't wait to see him at Sundance!! PS: You have a KILLER post-baby bod! OWW!!
ReplyDelete