This year was so fun because Lance knew all about Santa and couldn't wait to see what he brought him! When we were at our home in Pleasant Grove Lance opened up the Fire Burning Stove and said, "Don't worry Mommy, I opened the fireplace so Santa can get in." Whenever we would talk about the logistics of how Santa would get into houses he was always a little perplexed, but didn't ask too many questions.
This year Santa brought Lance and Afton BIKES! Lance got a Spider-man bike and Afton got a tiny Radio Flyer! I know Afton won't be able to ride hers for a little while, but it is just so cute and little!
Lance LOVED his Spider-man bike!
Lance and Johnny-boy both tried out Afton's little bike to make sure it was functioning properly. =)
Our big boy riding around all by himself in Nana and Papa's kitchen!
We all got lots of fun gifts and enjoyed spending the morning opening gifts one at a time. Katie drew my name for the sibling gift and I felt SO FORTUNATE to have her give to me! She got me so many fun surprises, and I love them all! I am now going to be one Fashionable Mama!
Michael got me a Cricut (thank you Christine for picking it up for us at 5am on Black Friday!) and I can't wait to try it out! I got Michael the Flight of the Concords - Season 1 - DVDs. Christmas is always such a fun time to be thoughtful of others and search for the perfect gift.
This year I got a WONDERFUL surprise from Michael! He told me a month or two ago that he had a surprise for me and said, "and it wasn't cheap either" and "you will never guess what it is."
Hummm... I LOVE surprises because they are always thoughtful, and couldn't wait until Christmas! A few weeks before Christmas there was a knock at the door. Michael answered it, said thank you to the person at the door, and came into the kitchen smiling and said, "Merry Christmas Camille!" as he handed me a little bag of Lehi Mills Corn Bread Mix.
I didn't know what to think. Was this my big surprise? I know that Lehi Mills is a nice and expensive brand of food, but was this really it, or was he kidding? I really couldn't tell.
My heart sank a little and I planned on that little bag of Corn Bread Mix being my surprise from Michael and tried not to think much more of it.
Christmas morning came and after the last gift was opened Michael announced that there was one more gift left under the tree. It was a very small black box with a red ribbon tied around it. It had my name on it, and I knew it was the REAL surprise.
My heart started beating fast and I held back the tears. I hadn't even opened the box yet, and I was already about to cry! I was just so happy to know that my husband took the time to think of me and get me a surprise.
I successfully held back the tears (an uncommon feat) and opened my gift. It was 2 tickets to STOMP!!! I was SO excited! It was the perfect gift. A night out with my wonderful husband, to a performance that I have wanted to see for years, and it was a surprise! PERFECT! Thank you, thank you, thank you Michael!!! I love you so much and can't wait for our date night!

No comments:
Post a Comment