Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Sand Hollow and Zion Nation Park

Our trip to St. George was so much fun! We got out on our boat for the first time this season and really had a great time! We had all the family there except for Collette and Kyle and we REALLY missed them. They are in Arizona this summer selling Pest Control as "Team Leaders" and managing a team. We are so proud of them and how much they are working and dedicating themselves. Selling is seriously the most difficut job ever, especially in 100 degree weather... we are so proud of them!

SAND HOLLOW

Michal and my Dad were the designated boat drivers and really do a great job getting everyone up on the water. Here are a couple cute pictures of Afton and Michael while he was teaching her how to drive the boat. =)






I re-learned how to wake surf this trip (I tried once before I got pregnant last summer). Michael and I decided to try to get up together on the same board... and we got up on our first try! Ha! It was fun! We then got up with each of us on our own board... ahhh, the fun things we get to do together!










Here are our Two Boys, Lance and Johnny-boy... they are such great little buddies and love to spend all their time together! Lance is constantly calling for "Johnny-boy" and Johnny will scream "Laaan!" They do everything together, ask Nana for treats, hang out on the boat, and even take a little nap. Cute kids.






Here are the Daddys of the Two Boys and the Two Girls (horray for Afton and Evelyn!) wake surfing together! They were so much fun! They did all sorth of tricks and poses while riding. Everyone on the boat was laughing and were extremely entertained!


Notice the leg flexing... lol


Wow! Look at those GUNS!


"Smoke if you've got 'em!" (as Michael would say)

ZION NATIONAL PARK

Michel and I decided to take Afton (4 months) and go through Zion National Park to hike and enjoy the beautiful scenery.


Michael standing in front of Angel's Landing.



Michael had never been through and hiked Angel's Landing before so we decided to pull out our baby hiking carrier (Thank you Dad and Debbie) and go! My family took Lance for the day and we were off! We packed lots of food and water and really had a great time hiking and talking.



Afton actually did a pretty good job considering how hot it was and how much time she had to spend in the carrier. The hike took about 4 hours but it was well worth it.



Near the top it is so steep that chains and rails are attached to the rock to keep climbers from falling. Michael was confident that he would be just fine with an extra 30 pounds (backpack, food, water, and Afton) on his back and made it up with no problem!



It was really nice to be outdoors and spend time together as a couple talking and enjoying each others company. I think that we need to do things like this more often!

4 comments:

  1. Sounds like so much fun! I can't believe Afton is 4 months old! Remember when we hiked Angel's Landing?

    ReplyDelete
  2. What fun you're having! Ok you guys are crazy carrying a baby up Angel's Landing!I'm impressed b/c it's hard to do just yourself. Way to go Michael!

    The boat looks so fun! We miss you guys and I just love your blog and seeing what you're up to.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just found your blog. So you guys don't have any bindings on your wakeboards?? how does that work? I mean how can you stay on and do tricks? Cute pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like so much fun! I would love to learn how to do that!

    ReplyDelete