She lives on her own in the home that she and Grandpa lived in for years and years. She wakes up every morning and gets ready... she puts on a nice outfit (usually slacks and a blouce), does her makeup and curls her hair. She is so adorable. She takes such good care of herself and she looks incredibly young.
Grammy was so sweet and held and rocked Afton for a very long time while we were at her home in Murry. Afton is still so small, but didn't seem nearly as tiny when she was being held by Grammy!
Today she told us how she wishes that department stores made clothes for "old ladies" (as she put it). She told us how she drove herself to the mall the other day looking for a new outfit and had a very difficult time finding anything that she liked. She said that all she wants is a high color shirt with long sleeves and pants that fit her (she is very careful to cover up as much of her skin as possible because she doesn't want to look old).
She is such a petite lady and apparently it is really hard for her to find clothes that she likes. My mom asked her who took her to the mall when she went and Grammy said, "Oh I don't like to go shopping with anyone because they always try and tell me what to get."
I love that she has so much personality and that she will do the things that she wants to without the help of others if she can. I want to be just like her when I get older and I hope that I can look half as good when I'm in my 90's!
I love my Grammy and always love seeing her. She is such an amazing woman. She will be 94 years old in a couple of months and I feel so lucky that she is part of my life and the lives of my children.

Those are such precious pictures!
ReplyDeleteCamille, you are just a gift from heaven! I feel like every time I read your blog you remind me of all the precious moments in life that I don't take time to remember. I love you so much. Your little girl is beautiful and Lance is to DIE for! I can't get enough of those big eyes of his. I am coming to Utah in a week and for sure want to see you. I will call. Maybe we could meet up at your mom's house or something. Love you! I am blogging again- just so you know! Christine
ReplyDelete