Friday, November 21, 2008

11.21.08 - A DAY IN THE LIFE...

Being a mother is always an adventure... especially with a 2 year old. This week I was able to catch on camera a bunch of funny things that Lance has been doing lately.



Lance loves to put things on his hands, (that could be used like gloves) and head, (that could pass as some sort of hat) and pulling anything and everything out of the cupboards. He loves to wear Michael's work gloves (for cars and the yard) as well as my oven mitts. He continues to think that his cereal bowl is a hat and lately has discovered that our little ice cream maker works well as a "helmet." He is very creative and we have found that sometimes the household items are much more fun than his expensive toys!



He also loves to sing the alphabet (which he is actually doing quite well and no longer skipping the middle 8 letters) and play in the tub. He loves to sing the songs he learns in nursery and requests that Michael and I sing them with him. Some of his favorites are:

Sun beap (Sunbeam)
Temple (I love to See the Temple)
Snowman (Once there was a Snowman)
Knees and Toes (Head, Shoulders, Knees, and Toes)
Monkey and Alligator (I'm not sure of the title for this song but he LOVES it!)


He has always been my "helper" and has discovered that he can crawl into the dryer and close the door. A couple of times he even requested that I close the door completely so the light turns off and he can't get out. He sat in there for a few seconds and then said, "Mommy?" "Mommy help me peease!" He likes that it echoes inside and while I was folding laundry the other day he was going through every animal noise he knows and repeating it as loudly as he could in order to hear his echo!

I was attempting to continue the potty training process (which has basically come to a complete stop) and after I pulled him out of the bath we went over to his little "George Potty" to see if he would be a "big boy and go potty on the toilet and get a sticker "(which used to cause a lot of excitement). He wouldn't go potty, but he did happily run around naked cheering, "I'm naked, Mommy! I'm naked!" He also decided that instead of letting me fold the laundry and put it back in the basket that he would pretend to take a nap (snoring and all) on top of my nicely folded clean clothes.... dangerous, I know.

Lance was marching around this T-Rex stomping his feet and growling like a dinosaur.

We went to the Thanksgiving Point Dinosaur Museum with my BYU roommate Stacy Runia and her son Evan. Stacy got us in for free (thank you Stacy) and we had a great time! Lance and Evan had a fun time doing the children activities and Lances kept pointing and saying in his low-excited voice "Din-saur Bones! Din-saur Bones!" He continues to talk about it and will randomly try to tell people about it.

Evan and Lance finding dinosaur bones!

It's really fun because he is at an age where he remembers a lot and I can prep him for events and he gets really excited. The whole morning before we went to the museum I told him that we were going to go play with baby Evan and see Dinosaurs... he wouldn't stop talking about it with me or any other stranger we saw while we were running errands.

No comments:

Post a Comment