Thursday, November 20, 2008

11.20.08 - Grandma Felt



I believe that the veil is very thin and that loved ones who have passed on are very near to those of us who are still living on the earth.
When Lance was just a newborn, and was still having trouble focusing his eyes, I would often be holding him and trying to get his attention to make him smile.
I didn't have very much luck most times but it was always amazing to watch when he would turn his head to look up, start smiling, and have his full attention on someone else. Those little eyes that couldn't seem to focus on mine seemed so intent at that moment. I would always look where he was looking, and there was never anyone there (for my eyes to see), but I really believe that someone from the other side was there with us, catching my little boys attention and making him smile.
Last week we had a similar experience and it was really neat. I was in my bathroom about to take 3 vitamin pills when Lance walked in, look at the pills and stated while pointing to the pills,
"For Grandma Mommy."
I was a little surprised and said, "These pills are for Grandma?"
Lance pointed into the kitchen (where he just came from) and said, "Yes Mommy, for Grandma."
"Do you love Grandma Lance?" I said.
"Yes Mommy!" said Lance.
"Is Grandma here?" I said.
"Yea, over there! Gimme medicine Mommy. For Grandma." He took the pills from me and he walked into the kitchen. "Where Grandma? I no-know?" "Grandma, where are you?"
He walked around the kitchen looking for her and was surprised when he couldn't find her.
Grandma Felt lived in the same home as my parents for the last few years of her life and Lance was able to spend a lot of time with her. He saw her take many medications and obviously associated any pills with her.
My Mom has been praying for Grandma and Grandpa Felt to be near lately and I think they have been. Lance is old enough now to talk and was able to tell me about his encounter with Grandma but I know that it wasn't the first time... if he could have talked when he was just a newborn I know that he would have a lot of experiences to share.
I am so grateful for the knowledge of the Gospel and I know that there is a life after this one. I know that families are forever and that our bonds and relationships stay with us throughout the eternities.

2 comments:

  1. Camille, YOU are an angel!!! I absolutely believe your words and know from personal experience that the veil is thin and those who have passed on love us dearly and care for us. I think it is SO special that you are going to name your little girl Afton. I promise you will be glad you did and it will give her a special connection with her special grandma. They are probably together right now until she comes down to you!!:) We need to keep in touch more! Call me any time or just leave me comments. I am so glad I saw your blog- now I can keep up on you! Lance is so dang cute! Hi is getting so BIG. We will be in Utah in December and look forward to seeing you! Tell me about Collette's man, I need to know. I love you cutie! Christine

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey guys, we just got our blog up and running. Check us out!
    XXOO
    Tenice

    ReplyDelete