NATIVITY
Joseph, Mary and baby Jesus.
Two weekends ago our ward here in Vacaville had a Christmas Party/Program that Michael, Lance and I were all a part of! We got to be Mary, Joseph and baby Jesus. Lance was so great... he slept the entire time! We did the classic Nativity scene while reading the story from the Bible. Michael and I first entered the stage (me with a coat stuffed in my dress to look like I was pregnant), then when Jesus was born they turned out the lights and when they came back on Lance was in my arms peacefully sleeping. It was really great to be part of the program, especially since Lance is so small. I guess our little family fit the part. =)
MARY
Lucky Mother.
Last week I was able to be involved in the Christmas Enrichment put on by the Relief Society. They asked 5 ladies to do readings of some of the women who were involved in the birth and life of Jesus. They asked me to be Mary. It was a very spiritual and emotional (you know me) program. It was really wonderful and helped me really to remember the true meaning of Christmas and gain a greater appreciation for Mary and Christ. Now having our little Lance and knowing how much I love him, I can't even imagine what Mary had to go through... she must have been a very special woman.
FESTIVAL OF TREES
Allison & Jeff with Santa. Lance and I with Santa.
Lance and I with Meredith and Jett.
We also went to The Festival of Trees with our friends Meredith and baby Jett, and Jeff and Allison Anderson. We got to see all of the beautifully decorated trees that would be auctioned, and sit on Santa's lap! It was a lot of fun.
WORK CHRISTMAS PARTY
This last weekend we left Lance for the first time with a babysitter... I didn't even cry when we left the house! =) Michael surprised me and we went to a very formal party held in a museum where we had dinner with his fellow workers at their Christmas party. We both dressed in our nicest attire and left our little Lance for 5 1/2 hours. We had our friends from the ward watch him and he slept most of the time. We only called 3 times to make sure he was doing okay.... =)

No comments:
Post a Comment