
Michael and Jennifer with Lance, Lizzy, and Ali
There is such a special spirit around this season and I can't get enough of it. I love that people look out for one another, I love the white snow and the cool, crisp air. I love the lights and Christmas trees. I love the family togetherness and the happy memories. I always look forward to Christmas.
Our family Christmas Card picture.
This Christmas was so wonderful. I feel that our little family was able to experience the fun and excitement of Santa and presents and, more importantly, to remember the TRUE meaning of Christmas. I really found a whole new dimension to Christmas this year as I was portrayed twice as Mary, the mother of Jesus. I really felt that I understand her better and appreciate her role more than I ever have. Being a new mother myself I can not even imagine what she went through and how much she loved her son Jesus. I am so grateful for her.

Christmas morning at Papa and Nana's.
Our Relief Society had a very special evening where the women who were involved in the program all wore their temple dresses and spoke their part as if they were the women who were most involved in Jesus' life. It was very touching to hear each of these women and learn more about their relationship with the Savior.
When I was asked to play the part of Mary I felt honored by the request. I was surprised they had chosen me and knew that by accepting I would have the opportunity to become closer to the Spirit and learn more about her. I was very emotional as I spoke my part, but very grateful for the opportunity because I was able to feel the Spirit testify and I felt a personal connection with her. She was not so different than I am. She was even younger than me when she bore Jesus and was seemingly an "average" girl. Now that I have a child of my own I understand a "mothers love" and can only image what she went through.

Collette, Grandma Felt, Katie, Papa, Lance, Nana, Jacob.
I feel that I have grown spiritually these last few weeks and my heart is filled with so much love. I love the Savior, I love my little son, I love my husband, and our families... I feel so blessed. I do not deserve everything that the Lord has blessed me with. I am so grateful to be a mother and to have this new dimension of love in my heart. I could never accurately describe what it is like to be a parent... but it is amazing. Not only do I understand Mary more, but also our Father in Heaven. By having Lance in my life I feel that the Veil has been lifted a little and I am getting a glimpse of the love and happiness in the eternities.

Papa Covey and Lance - Christmas afternoon at Papa and Grandma's house (Papa, Lance and Collette)

No comments:
Post a Comment