Here is out adorable Lance... he built this tower when Grandma was over. Impressive!

Lance is a very thoughtful boy. He asks lots of questions and loves to talk. He is especially interested in gospel-centered topics lately. Today while we were in the car he said,
"God can tell us stuff, right?"
"Yes Lance. He can. If you have faith He has the Holy Ghost help you."
"Yeah, I know. But I never hear the Holy Ghost's voice Mommy."
"The Holy Ghost isn't a voice you usually hear. The Holy Ghost gives you thoughts in your mind and feelings in your heart."
Thinking... "I have good faith Mommy."
"I know you do Lance."
Over the last few months he has also been asking a lot of questions about death, and heaven, and when people will die. This has been a bit surprising and hard to talk about, because one of my greatest fears is loosing a child... so to talk about it in a very casual, informative way is almost strange.
"Mommy, when will I die?"
"Not until you are a very old grandpa."
"Will we die together?"
"No Lance, I will die before you because I am older than you. But I'll be waiting in heaven for you."
"I am going to miss you when you die Mommy."
Even just remembering this conversation and writing it down makes me cry... Thinking about life without each of my children is unbearable... I am so grateful for the gospel and for the knowledge that we have of eternal families. I can not imagine what it would be like to not know that I would be with my husband and children after this life is over. It is so nice to be able to tell Lance and I KNOW we will be together again.
Sweet and Sassy Afton!
Afton pulled out a potato from the pantry and was reaching her hand into our sharp knife drawer when I said,
"Afton! What are you doing!!"
"I getting this for (Uncle) Kyle mommy!" she said. "See, I cut it!"

This little girl sure does have a mind of her own!

This morning I was in my bathroom and I could hear Afton yelling from the kitchen, "Sis'er Bennett! Sis'er Bennett!! 'ARE YOU?!?!?!" (she regularly calls me Sister Bennett, and she calls Daddy Michael... silly girl!)
Afton is very well spoken for her age, loves to feel like she is in charge, and always has something to say. Lately this often comes out through bossing and threatening... she is just so little and cute I seriously have a hard time not laughing!
Here are some recent statements from her:
Hands on hips, feet shoulder-width apart, sicking out that cute round tummy, lips pursed, chin down, and eyes looking through her too-long bangs, "Hey! What you doing? You come back here RIGHT NOW!" (yelling down the street at the big kids in our circle).
Every time we see a horse as we drive Lance to Joy School, "I want ride horsie Mommy!Look! (counting the horses) 1, 2, 3, 5, 6, 8!"
"La, La, La, Mance." (trying to teach her the L sound in La, La, La, Lance!)
"You go in Time Out Mance! GO!" (while pointing her little finger and glaring through her bangs).
"I adult Mommy. I in charge, not you!"
Cutie Cosettie!
She is totally LAUGHING now! So fun! She is definitely ticklish and I just love to bite her tiny feet and tickle her!
She also thinks Lance and Afton are SO funny. I will regularly catch her watching them play/wrestle and she is just watching from a distance laughing and laughing! The big kids also love to play "Peek-A-Bo," make crazy faces, jump up and down, or do anything that will make her laugh!

Kids are so much fun... they sure make me happy!



SPACE SHIP ADVENTURE!
Lance and Afton found an empty box (that I haven't packed up yet) and decided that it was not just a box... it was a SPACESHIP! They put on their space-suits, boots, gloves, helmets, buckled in and 5...4...3...2...1...BLAST OFF! (or as Lance said, "3... 9...8...6...1...) and off they were to the moon! Lance caught a shooting star in his hand and said, "It feels like LIGHT!" They admired the "Artic Cirle", the way the earth looked from outer space, and finally they landed on the moon where they felt how "slide-y" and "bouncy" the moon was when they walked around! After their adventure they got back in the ship, buckled up, and back they flew to earth with a "1-2-3-4-5...8... BLAST OFF!" (I have a video of it too... and the kids just watch it over, and over, and laugh, and laugh!)


No comments:
Post a Comment