- The Spider-Flying-Ninja costume that Lance designed himself and Mommy made!
- A couple of months ago Lance told me that he wanted to be a "Spider-Flying-Ninja" for his birthday.
I asked him, "What is a Spider-flying-Ninja"?
"Get a paper Mommy and you can draw it"
"Okay Lance". So I got out a piece of paper and the markers as Lance directed me as to what I should draw.
"He flies in the sky and is red, with those arm things (pointing to his forearm)."
"Arm bands?"
"Yes, and on his legs too (pointing to his shins)"
"Okay Lance, what else?"
"And he flies."
"Okay, so here is his cape...."
"No Mommy! Not a cape! He needs wings!"
"Oh, alright... wings it is."
"And he has a belt, and a mask over his eyes, and a spider on his chest."
"Like this?"
"Yes Mommy! Now can I help color him?"
Lance then took the markers and helped to color him. He was also sure to "fix" his mouth because he didn't look scary enough. Apparently I made him look a little too nice... not like a Super Hero should look! =)
- Here is the original drawing... next to the custom birthday cake that Uncle Van made just for The Spider-Flying-Ninja Lance!
- These are the Pinata Candy Bags I made for each of the children. I also made each of the children a Super Hero Cape that had a star on the back with the initial of their name as well as a matching mask.
- Pinatas are always a hit at birthday parties... the kids loved hitting the Spider-Flying-Ninja pinata that I made for the birthday, and were very excited when the candy came flying out!
- This is the new "face" Lance makes when I tell him to smile for the camera. When I asked him why he makes that silly face he said, "It's not silly, Mommy. It's cool!"
- So many of our family members came to support us and celebrate! Thank you all so much for being such a huge part of Lance's life!
Kyle & Collette, Van & Katie, John & Christine
Aunt Tracy and Lance. She came all the way from Park City and got Lance an amazing Batman costume... he is obsessed with it and won't take it off! Our boy sure does love to dress up like Super Hero's!
Nana, Evelyn and Grandma Covey
Papa Covey and Lance
Nana, Evelyn, Van, Katie, and Johnny
Grandma & Grandpa Bennett, Jennifer and Katelyn
Grandma & Grandpa Bennett with Lance
Grandpa Bennett with Lance
Lance and Grandma
- Everyone was SO GENEROUS with us and Lance and the lucky Birthday Boy got so many fun presents! Legos, wooden blocks, a Super Hero book, toys, clothes, costumes...etc. He LOVED everything and we feel so spoiled!
Lance loved every single gift!
Lance sharing his new Transformer mask with Ali
Lance kept "admiring" himself in the mirror with all of his different outfits!
Lance with his new Iron Man mask
- We sang "Happy Birthday" and Lance blew out the candles on his special cake. Not only did the cake look amazing, but it was delicious and moist!!! It was even blue on the inside!
Bennett Family
Jennifer, Katelyn, John, Debbie, Michael, Camille, Kathy
Lizzy, Afton, Aiden, Lance, Ali
Covey Family
John & Christine, Evelyn, John & Kathleen, Camille & Michael, Van & Katie, Tracy
Lance, Afton, Johnny, Collette & Kyle
- Oh Lance, we love you so much. You are so smart, charming, loving, fun, articulate, creative, imaginative, silly, friendly, and everything that we could have every prayed for in a son. We can't imagine life without you and love you more than words can express. You are such a wonderful boy and we feel so lucky to have you forever! Thank you for bringing so much joy into our family! We love you Lance!

Wow! You've really outdone yourself, Camille! You made a cape and mask for each child??? And I can't believe you sewed that costume too (well, I CAN believe it. You are very talented!). I love that you kept and framed the original drawing. That's a keepsake for sure!
ReplyDeleteCamille... YOU are the sweetest. EVER. Your thoughtful post just made my year. You have no idea how much that meant to me. We miss you guys... and Utah... especially now that it's fall. Halloween's just around the corner. You and "Rafone" sure made that night so much more memorable just by your being there. You two are so much fun to be around... and you always come up with the BEST costumes! YOU are the most creative little seamstress. I don't know how you do all that you do... and look fabulous doing so. I remember your guys' party the night before being SO much fun too, you little Martha Stewart of a hostess you! I cannot believe how fast Lance and Afton are growing up! As sad as it is to watch them grow isn't it exciting to see them become their own little selves and experience life? Love it. Love them. Love you!
ReplyDeleteGreatest party ever!!! Loved the costumes, loved the food, loved the pinyata, loved the cake, and I loved everyone who was there!
ReplyDelete