Monday, May 24, 2010

I Love Primary!

So, Michael sometimes thinks that I am crazy to put so much time into my calling, but I really love being the Primary Chorister and love thinking of fun ways to keep the children entertained and singing well.



My latest creation is a Lion that I painted on a big piece of cardboard (about 3 ft. x 3 ft.) that will hopefully help motivate the kids to sing nice and loud and learn all the new songs that I have planned for them this year!

The Lion will have a balloon in each hand. As the children sing well I will blow up the balloons one at at time. Once the balloon is as big as it can get I will let it go so it can fly around the room until it deflates again! =)

I am actually pretty proud of myself for drawing and painting this Lion (I looked at a picture of the Lion Alex from the movie Madagascar) and it turned out better than I thought! I really do love art and really should make more time for it.

This year for the 2010 Primary Year these are the goals I have for the children:

- Memorize all 13 articles of faith
- Learn all the books in the Book of Mormon
- Learn all the books in the Old Testament
- Learn all the books in the New Testament
- Memorize all the names of the Latter Day Prophets

There are songs each month that I teach the children, and these goals are ON TOP of those songs! I KNOW they can do it and the Sr. Primary has already memorized 5 articles of faith, the books in the Book of Mormon, and part of the books of the Old Testament! Jr. Primary has already memorized 2 Articles of Faith, and the books in the Book of Mormon!

I really love my Primary kids and am so grateful for my calling. =)

1 comment:

  1. The children in your primary are so blessed to have you Camille. I was just asked to be in the Stake Primary Presidency. With many tissues and tears I said yes. I love YW! And will miss the girls. I love to hear others talk of their love for Primary. It helps get me more excited for what is to come for me!

    ReplyDelete