Tom took 3rd! He was so great and we are so proud of him! Michael, Lance, and Afton (as well as many other members of the Covey family) cheered him on. I was also there, but was so sick with some stomach-bug that I was in the bathroom the whole time (not fun)!
I took the kids for a "stroller ride" in American Fork while we were waiting for our car's oil to be changed and stopped at a park to play. While we were there some worker-guys were pouring cement near the play area we were at. Lance was SO interested in what they were doing and kept yelling,
"Hi guys! What you doing?"
"Hey! Can I have a turn?"
"What is that?"
"What's your name?"
The workers were very nice and talked with him about their job. They even let him put his hand in the wet cement to make a handprint!
I hope that they let his little handprint dry in the cement so it will be there forever... but they probably had to smooth it over. We haven't been back to check, but at least it was a fun experience!

No comments:
Post a Comment