Lately there have been many mornings, if not every morning, when my headache is quite bad and it is difficult to get out of bed. The morning schedule usually follows this routine:
6:30AM - Feed Afton
6:45AM - Afton and I go back to sleep
7:30AM - Kiss Michael goodbye as he goes to work
7:45-8:30AM - Lance wakes up
When Lance wakes up he simply gets out of his big boy bed (which is a Full size - lucky boy), opens his door, comes across the kitchen and then opens the door to our bedroom. I always know he is coming because he is just tall enough to turn the handle but it usually takes him a couple of tries.
Once he is in our bedroom he always says, "Mommy! Supposed-be wake!" and he pulls on my hand, or foot, or whatever he can get a hold of to try and force me out of bed. Some mornings when I am really not feeling well I will pretend to keep sleeping or try to explain that Mommy needs to rest a little longer. Lance has been good about doing his own thing and terrorizing around the house while I try to muster up the will to get out of bed.
Many mornings I will find empty cereal boxes with the contents all over the kitchen floor, or candy wrappers that he managed to get by climbing on top of the food storage cans to reach a higher shelf. Yesterday morning he found a new treat.
When I am laying in bed and hear Lance rummaging through things I know that everything is okay, but when it's quite... that's when there is trouble. It was a little too quite and I knew that Lance had gotten into something that he shouldn't.
From my bed I called, "Laaance, where are you?"
"In the kitchen."
"What are you doing?"
"Eating icecream!!!"
"What? How did you get it?"
"From the fridge! I was hungry Mommy!!!"
By this time I had gotten out of bed and was standing over him as he was eating a tub of icecream. He had got his "Nemo step" (a little step stool) to reach the drawer where the forks are and had pulled out the carton of icecream from the fridge. He was sitting in the middle of the floor smiling ear to ear about his accomplishment. He had no shame and I couldn't help but smile. The kid was hungry, what was I supposed to expect? =)

Hey Camille, just wanted to let you know I still check your blog. I think your family is so cute. You're a great mom! I'm sorry to hear about you having headaches. No fun. Any idea what's triggering them?
ReplyDeleteI didn't know you were having headaches. That's awful! I did get a kick out the ice cream story, though.
ReplyDelete