Grammy doesn't like getting her picture taken. She says, "I don't take a good picture." If I look like her when I am her age I will probably be begging people to take my picture!
I snuck in a few photos so I could have pictures of Lance with his Great-Great Grandma.
While we were there she told us a few stories about when she was younger and how the telephone and "talkies" or talking pictures were such exciting inventions.
She told us how there would be about 4 homes to each telephone line and they all shared the same operator. You could pick up the phone and listen to other people's conversations if you wanted! And, of course, the operator was always listening!
She liked going to see the films and really thought the "talkies" (as they called them) were really great. There were lots of films with singing and dancing and she always enjoyed those.
She also told us about her husband Morris, really John Morris Parrish, who lived on Parrish Lane. The street was named "Parrish" because there were so many Parrish's who lived on that street. One of our ancestors was a polygamist and so there were lots and lots of Parrish's!
Grammy and I have always been close. I just love her.
The last time we saw Grammy was at Papa and Grandma Covey's house a couple of months ago. We sat by her at dinner and she and Lance played a game where they pretended that their hands were snakes and would "ssssssssss" and poke each other.
This visit Lance remembered Grammy and he started playing that game with her again! It really amazes me how much he can remember. Although he can't verbalize "I remember you and this is the game we played together" he is so great at communicating in the best way he can.
Lance showing Grammy one of his many "tricks."
Lance took this picture of himself... he was mad when I took the camera away. =(
Lance was great at showing Grammy all of the things he knows. He told her animal sounds, sang her songs, and sang the alphabet (many, many times). This is how his "alphabet song" goes, "ABCD...LMNOPQRSTUVWXYZ." He skips the other half of the letters but it is still so cute to listen to him!

No comments:
Post a Comment