
We took a Sunday Drive up American Fork Canyon and through the Alpine Loop in the Convertible Mercedes... it was beautiful.
Today Lance was helping me around the house like he always does... loading the dishes, switching over the laundry, getting ready... etc. While we were in the laundry room he was standing next to me and said, "Mommy... baby sisser go?" I told him that she is in my tummy (as I pointed to my stomach). He looked at me, then at my tummy, and was sufficed with that answer for a couple of minutes and then he would ask me again. The second time he went and sat down by my feet (to get a different view) and looked up at my "baby bump" and asked again, "Baby sisser, Mommy?"
My Monkey Boys... Lance loves to pull on Michael and I's ears and say, "Monkey, Daddy? Monkey Mommy?" and make us look like a monkey!
I know that he understands that the baby is in my tummy, but he doesn't quite get how a baby could be inside of me. He is really starting to think more and more about the reason things are and it is so fun to see the innocents in his thought process.
Utah is truly beautiful. I love the mountains.
It is scary and exciting to think about the reaction Lance will have to being the "big brother" instead of the "baby" in the family. Sometimes he acts so grown-up, but other times he definitely still acts like the 2 year old he is. For a while to get my attention, when his attempts were not working as well as he wanted, he would hold up his fist and say, "Hit baby sisser!" I of course would then give him my FULL attention and tell him that he was not allowed to hit the baby (especially with my condition... that could be very bad). He would then say, "I'n so saawee Mommy" (I'm so sorry) "Hug baby sisser?" and he would give my tummy a big hug.
3 soon to be 4...
Lately he has been better at not using baby threats to get my attention. He has actually been super cute and will say, "Daank you so much!" (Thank you so much) all of the time. I love that he is so polite! I think he is going to be really sweet when Afton is born. I'm sure he will want to hug and hold her all of the time... he is going to be a great big brother.




Hey there! I'm so happy you sent me your link.
ReplyDeleteOur site is aandcspillers.blogspot.com
Glad we can keep in touch.
Andree
Oh, Lance is such a cute little boy. I'll have to remember to try to keep checking back on your blog. I can't wait to see pictures when your baby girl comes!
ReplyDelete