
Ali and Lance trying to keep warm... they are so adorable.
This summer Lance has been able to spend a lot of time with "the cousins" (Lizzy, Ali, and Aiden Fetters) and has just loved it. He loves playing with other children, especially his fun, and sometimes crazy, cousins... the Fetters! We went to the Scera Pool in Orem a few times and it was a lot of fun. Lance loves the water and he tries to be like his older cousins and do all the fun stuff they do. I think it has helped to build his confidence and give him the desire to try new things (like jumping off the ledge into Mommy's arms).

Ali putting Lance in the choke-hold and Lance puckering up for a kiss!
The choke-hold was meant to be more of a hug... Lance understood.
Ali and Lance are only a year apart and they are so cute together. They are close to the same size and love being together. Lance will be at home with me and say, "Mommy, Lizzy-Ali house?... Peeeease?" He always wants to be with his cousins and it is so fun that he is old enough now that he can specifically ask for them by name.
BOISE WARD FRIENDS GET TOGETHER

Scott & Natricia, ___ &___, and Michael playing cards.
Some of Michael's friends from childhood through high school (many were in his ward) decided to get together and reminisce old times. Michael, Lance and I drove up to Boise and got together with these friends:
Scott & Natricia
Kevin & Hailey
Cameron & Lori
Jeremy &
TJ & Summer
Jared & Nikki
Holly & Dan
Tracy & Tony
Monte & Patti
It was really great to get together. I actually learned more about my crazy husband and heard some pretty funny stories. Nothing too surprising. But very funny none the less!

Monte Christopherson and Lance became instant friends.
They were playing a game where Lance would take whatever Monte had with his teeth!
FELT FAMILY REUNION

Lance in Daddy's sunglasses.
This year for the Felt Family Reunion we all got together up in Park City, UT and stayed at the 2 Marriott Hotels located there. It was so great to be together with all of the Felt Family again and spend a few relaxing days enjoying each others company. We got together at a park, swam in the pool, played tennis, and enjoyed the beautiful outdoors of Park City.

Lance is very sweet. He found this Lady Bug, thought it was hurt, and was trying to "kiss it better."
Tammy and Kirk Williams out on a great devotional the morning of the 4th of July. We talked about this wonderful country that we live in and also focused on remembering Grandma Felt. We all shared memories of her and Grandpa and spoke of how fortunate we feel to be a family and have so many blessings.

Michael and Lance in the hot-hot sun at the Mariott Hotel pool in Park City.
They even brought cinnamon rolls and milk to share for breakfast tin remembrance of Grandma. Kirk and Tammy went from Bakery to Bakery test tasting every cinnamon roll for miles around until they found one that was similar to Grandma Felt's.Of course the cinnamon rolls were good... but not nearly as good as the "real" cinnamon rolls.
Also on the agenda of activities was a Family Talent show. My brother and sister, Johnny and Katie, were the hosts and it was really great and funny. Lots of the younger children sang or danced or played the piano. Johnny did his "magic show" where he sings his own theme music, makes his thumb disappear and other funny tricks like that. I actually had a talent too... more like an announcement really... I'M PREGNANT!!! =)
EXCITING NEWS... BABY #2 ON THE WAY!
I am 3 months along and finally sharing the news! Michael and I already told our immediate families (which we didn't do with Lance until I was 3 months along) but I have been so sick, and Kathy and Becca are living with us (so even if I didn't tell them I'm sure they would have guessed) so we decided to let the family know.
I have been pretty apprehensive about this pregnancy all along and just found out about a week ago that I have some complications that may last my entire pregnancy. I have had some pretty serious bleeding and through an ultrasound the doctors were able to see that I have a subchorionic hemorrhage that measured about 8cm wide, 8cm long, and 4cm deep (that is really big for such a small baby). This basically means that there is a tear between the uterus and the amniotic sac. The baby looks great and unaffected by it, but it can be potentially dangerous to both the baby and I if the tear gets bigger. Dangerous for the baby because it could continue to tear and cause a miscarriage, and dangerous for me because if that does happen I could loose a lot of blood (which is bad because it wouldn't take long for it to be fatal). So, pretty scary.
I have been put on bed rest in order to keep us safe. That means no lifting of anything heavier than a gallon of milk, being careful not to take too many steps, or walk up and down stairs, or have any pressure put on my stomach, or strain my body in any way. So, that doesn't leave a lot that I can do but at least I am not confined to my bed. I can walk around the house and make meals but I have to be very careful. I'm sure I'll have read a lot of books by the time this pregnancy is through!
My OB is my uncle, Ryan Jones. He is one of the best and most well known doctors in Utah Valley. I was pretty hesitant to have him be my doctor (because he is my uncle) but I kept having the feeling that I should. I feel so lucky to have him as my doctor and he has been wonderful. He is just the doctor I need because I know he will look out for me, will tell me the truth and what to plan on, and won't let me get too worked-up over little things.
INTERESTING APPETITE

Digging in.
The other day I asked Lance what he wanted to eat for dinner. He walked into the pantry, pulled out the peanut butter, sat in the middle of the kitchen floor and said, "Mommy spoon peeease." So, I got him a spoon and Michael and I watched as he opened the lid of the peanut butter, scooped a huge spoonful and ate it!

Big bite!
It was so funny. We just stood there and laughed at our crazy little boy. We got him some milk and he sat there for quite a while enjoying his peanut butter and milk. An interesting dinner, but we've seen worse.

Wash it down with milk.
MODELING FOR MOMMY

A typical summer day. Shorts and a tee shirt.
Every couple of months I get this urge to pretend to be a professional photographer (although I have never taken one course) and to take multiple pictures of Lance. He changes and grows so fast that I want to be sure to document everything (and I think he is so cute and we could never have enough pictures of him).
So here are the latest "model shots" at our front door of our home. Lance has always been good at looking right into the camera, even when he was just a baby. He actually really likes having his picture taken and says, "Cheese!" when he sees the camera (even if it's not on).

Reaching for the camera so he can see the digital image on the back.
He is getting to the point now where he understands that the digital picture will show up on the back of the camera and he doesn't want to wait for me to take the picture in order to see the "little picture" on the back. In the picture above he is starting to get upset because I want him to stand still for a minute so I can take his picture and THEN I will let him see the picture. He still doesn't quite get why he has to sand still first. =)


No comments:
Post a Comment