Friday, August 1, 2008

8.01.08 - SNEEKY SNEEKY

INTO TROUBLE AGAIN

Lance is tall enough now that he can open up the drawers in our bathroom, pull out whatever he wants, and try to be like Mommy and Daddy.

He loves to reach in, pull out Michael's deodorant, and put it under his arms. It's funny because my deodorant is right next to Michael's and he never once has reached for mine. He wants to be just like his Daddy!

One thing of mine that he does find intriguing is my mascara. This is the second time I have caught him on camera with my mascara all over him! His hand-eye coordination is improving at least... last time he mostly had it on his cheeks and tummy!



Lance is really starting to speak well and can tell us just about anything. He will even tell other people about the things he has done during the day. He often will want to talk on the phone to whoever I am talking to and he will tell them about his activities. Here is an example of a typical conversation...



"Hi Nana (or Grandma, or Collette, or Katie). I ooove you. I see George! Mommy... Rolley Polley come out please! On my hand! I play Lizzy-Ali house!..."

Translation = "Hi Nana! I love you. I watched the Curious George Movie. Mommy and I played outside with the Rolley Polley bugs. They roll up and I say "come out please!" until they unroll and walk around on my hand. I also played at Lizzy and Ali's house today..."

He gets so excited to tell people about his day and he is pretty good at talking on the phone. He definitely knows all of the family members and often asks for them by name. He will say, "Aunt Becca - Angie go?" (Where did Aunt Becca and Angie go?) or he will say "Gama home?" (When is Grandma coming home?). or "Nana - Papa's house?" (Can we go to Nana and Papa's house?).

Angie moved in with us a little while ago... so she and Becca share a room and Kathy still has her room. I counted today and we have 7 adults and 2 babies, not including the one on the way, living in our house right now! Wow! It's a good thing we all get along! =)



He really is so spoiled and loves to be with the Covey's and Bennett's. He will even walk around the house looking at the family photos and point and everyone and tell me there names. I am so glad that we live here and that he has a relationship with all of his grandparents, aunts and uncles.


IT'S A GIRL!!!

At my 18 week appointment we had another ultrasound done to see the status of the tear and take a look at the baby.

Baby looks good and they were able to see the gender... A GIRL! We are so excited! I thought that it was going to be another boy (because having a boy is all I know!) but Michael thought that it was going to be a girl all along. He was right and I am very, very excited!

Michael teases me that the only reason I'm so excited for a girl is because I can pretend she is my little doll and dress her up. Exactly Michael! But it won't be pretend, it will be real!!!! =) I was such a girly-girl when I was little, it will be fun to see what this little one is like. I am already imagining what she will look like and planning on all of the pretty blankets and bedding I am planning on making. I definitely have time on my hands, so I will put my sewing skills to work.

The ultrasound came out looking really good. The tear looks about the same and our baby girl looks healthy and happy. Everything looks to be developing well and there are no problems with her. We are so grateful and pray that my body will hold on long enough for her to be born and to be healthy.

I am still taking it really easy at home and I spend a lot of time reading and sewing. I am finally able to eat more than just cold cereal for every meal (literally) and it's nice not to feel so sick. I am still definitely very sensitive to smell and we actually do all of the cooking in the garage so the smell doesn't linger in the house all day!

Kathy has been so incredibly helpful and has done all of the grocery shopping, cleaning, and a lot of the cooking too. She also hangs out with Lance in the mornings so I can sleep and is always willing to help me out in any way possible. She has been my angel. I am so grateful that she lives with us. Thank you Kathy!

No comments:

Post a Comment