
When thinking about names for this sweet little baby we knew we wanted her name to be meaningful. We wanted to carry on the tradition of naming our girls a French name, in honor of Michael serving his mission in France, so we decided on the first name of Cosette.
We chose the middle name of Beth, after Cosette's Great-Great Grandmother (Grammy) Beth Parrish.
Here is the story behind each of her names...
Cosette is the name of a main character in the book Les Miserables written by the Frech author Victor Hugo. I have been familiar with Les Miserables and the Broadway Musical my whole life. My parents loved the Broadway and would often play the music on Sunday evenings while we were cleaning up after dinner.
One of the reasons I love Les Mis so much is because of all the fond memories I have of my family while we listened to that CD! I still have a vivid memory of my Dad being a little silly while playing that CD... he was standing in the kitchen with his hand passionately raised in a fist, singing along in his best imitation-opera voice saying, "Do you hear the people sing? Singing the song of angry men? It is the music of the people Who will not be slaves again!" ... I just love my family!
Beth is the name of my 94 year old Great-Grandmother whom I love. While pregnant I would visit Grammy after each of my 15 check-up appointments and really grew close to her. She is such a sweet and loving woman and I truly love her dearly.
I always look forward to the Blessing of our children. I am so grateful for Michael. He is such a strong priesthood leader and an example of righteousness to our children.
Michael gave Cosette a beautiful blessing in our Highland Ward on Sunday March 6, 2011 surrounded in the circle by all of her uncles, grandfathers, great-grandfather, and many great-uncles and second cousins.
I wrote as much of it as I could... there was a beautiful spirit while it was given:
"Cosette Beth Bennett, as your father and by the power of the Melchezidic Priesthood which I hold, I give you a name and a blessing.
Cosette, at this time I bless your body to be stong and healthy... to allow you to accomplish your various activities. I bless you to have strength and energy... to have a happy personality.
I bless your mind to be clear and to have inteligence... in order to stay close to the Lord.
I bless you with leadership qualities... for your brothers, sisters, family, and friends. I bless you with the strength to be an example in this life.
When the time comes I bless you to be sealed for time and all eternity...
Cosette, you are a choice spirit. I give you this blessing, and all other things the Lord has is store for you, in the name of Jesus Christ, Amen."

No comments:
Post a Comment