Friday, September 26, 2008

9.26.08 - LAKE POWELL



We were invited to go to Lake Powell with some friends and decided to go! It was a big decision for us because with the complications in my pregnancy it was a little scary, not to mention there is still a lot of work that needs to be done on the yard... but we got the okay from Dr. Jones and decided that Michael needed a chance to "play hard" because he had been working so hard lately. It was also Michael's birthday a couple of days earlier and the most we got to do in celebration was have a Sunday dinner with my family.
Beautiful Lake Powell.
We had a huge and really nice houseboat.
The Sunday Birthday Dinner for Michael was wonderful, but not enough for me to feel that we had sufficiently celebrated the special occasion. So, this trip was a good excuse to celebrate his birthday by getting away from the yard, all of his jobs, and his cell phone. It was an Adults Only vacation so we left Lance with our loving families. Thank you to everyone who helped us out by watching him... Kathy, Jennifer, Becca, Angie, and Kathleen. We couldn't have gone without your help.
This is the chair lift Michael made for me!
What a good husband I have! My hero!
I knew that I would have to really take it easy and not do anything more than I was doing at home. So, Michael being the "make it happen" guy he is, figured out a way for me to get up to the top of the house boat so I could hang out with everyone.
He found a metal lawn chair and rigged it up to the Jet Ski Pulley (what they use to pull the Jet Skis out of the water and onto the top of the houseboat during transportation) so it was like a little "sitting elevator" for me! It was amazing! It was sturdy and worked exactly like he planned! Michael is so thoughtful of me. He has really been amazing this entire pregnancy to make sure that I am feeling good and that our little baby is safe. Thanks Michael! You are the best!

Hanging out at the bar on top of the houseboat listening to music and having Virgin Drinks! We had such a great time.
We had a great time on this trip and finally got a summer vacation! Horray! Because of the complications I have been having we have had to skip out on a lot of activities. We didn't get to go to Hebgen and haven't been able to do too much. I was so glad that we were able to go on this trip because I feel so badly that I have held back Michael from a much deserved fun summer.
Michael wake surfing behind the Jet Ski. He is actually holding onto the tube and being pulled around! Impressive!
Michael and I brought our boat and Michael got to go out on it every day. He wake-surfed, wake-boarded, hung out, and even wake-surfed behind a Jet Ski! Wow! Michael can do anything me puts his mind to.

It was really a lot of fun being with other couples for a few days and having some time for Michael and I to be together without any other distractions. We really enjoyed meeting new friends, being in the sun, sitting around the camp fire, eating good food, and reading good books (for Camille that is).

No comments:

Post a Comment